By Sophie Body-Gendrot,Jacques Carré
Read Online or Download A City of One's Own: Blurring the Boundaries Between Private and Public PDF
Best regional planning books
A brand new exploration of the affects of Arctic regimes in such important parts as toxins, biodiversity, indigenous affairs, healthiness and weather swap. The post-Cold conflict period has obvious an upsurge in curiosity in Arctic affairs. With new overseas regimes focusing on Arctic concerns at either the worldwide and local degrees, the Northern components appear set to play an more and more admired position within the family and overseas rules of the Arctic states and actors – now not least Russia, america and the european.
The query of even if political, monetary, and administrative decentralization improves govt effectiveness is hotly debated between researchers and coverage makers. 'Decentralization, Democracy, and improvement' contributes to the empirical literature on decentralization and the controversy on if it is a achievable and fascinating state-building technique for post-conflict international locations.
During the international, the variety of fairs has grown exponentially within the final 20 years, as humans have a good time neighborhood and neighborhood cultures, yet possibly extra importantly as neighborhood councils and different teams search to exploit fairs either to advertise tourism and to stimulate rural improvement. in spite of the fact that, so much experiences of gala's have tended to concentration nearly solely at the cultural and symbolic facets, or on slim modelling of monetary multiplier affects, instead of studying their long term implications for rural switch.
Reading the consequences of financial and political restructuring on areas in Europe and North the US, the most subject matters listed here are: foreign monetary restructuring; political realignments questions of territorial id; and coverage offerings and coverage conflicts in neighborhood development.
- Smart Methods for Environmental Externalities: Urban Planning, Environmental Health and Hygiene in the Netherlands (Urban Planning and Environment)
- Governing the Metropolitan Region: America's New Frontier: 2014: America's New Frontier
- Transforming Distressed Global Communities: Making Inclusive, Safe, Resilient, and Sustainable Cities (Urban Planning and Environment)
- Cities as Engines of Sustainable Competitiveness: European Urban Policy in Practice (EURICUR Series (European Institute for Comparative Urban Research))
- Experience and Conflict: The Production of Urban Space
- Future Cities: Dynamics and Sustainability (Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries)
Extra resources for A City of One's Own: Blurring the Boundaries Between Private and Public
A City of One's Own: Blurring the Boundaries Between Private and Public by Sophie Body-Gendrot,Jacques Carré